Saturday, December 8, 2012

I think that today has been the worst day since Mike left. Which is unfortunate since last night was so much fun.

Both kids have had a cold all week. And at daycare Friday, the lady said Lola had a fever at lunch, and barely any appetite. But after a shot of tylenol and a nap she seemed ok.

Mel, Francine and Steph were coming to my house last night before the Volunteer Xmas Party to get ready. "Get ready" was putting rollers in our hair. Hot. Check out Facebook for pics. And Mel's daughter Katia was my sitter. Last week they showed up at my house Friday night to surprise me with a night out, and Thomas threw up twice before we left the house. Last night started out like a déjà vu. As Mel and Katia were knocking on the door last night, Thomas puked ALL OVER ME. I sent most of you the picture ... gross. Lola wasn't feeling great, and at 5:30 asked to go to bed. Um, ok? So I set her up in my bed with a dvd and came back down. 15 minutes later she starts bawling. I run upstairs ... yeah, she puked. IN MY BED. Change the sheets, change the kid, and announce that I should probably stay home. Both kids seemed much better after the puking, but I didn't want to leave Katia with them for her sake - just in case. Katia and Mel said Katia could handle it, so off I went.

The party was h-amazing. So much fun. Although I noticed how there are 2 "cool" cliques. I know how that sounds, but I can't describe it any other way. Obviously I'm in one of them. And obviously mine is cooler. But there was some obvious one-up-manship from the others. Ridonc. But made for some entertainment I guess.

Got home just before 12. Katia said Lola slept the whole time, and Thomas had gone down about an hour after we left. Perfect!

This morning was pretty good. Both kids slept in until 6ish, but by 10 I needed to get out of the house. So we went for a mall walk and I picked up a couple things. Lola had some lunch, Thomas slept. It was great.

Then I decided it was a good idea to get a car wash. Oh. My. God. NO. Lola freaked the F out. It was like the water being sprayed on the car was a thousand poisonous snakes that were coming in through the windows. She screamed, she cried. It was awful. And of course her brother followed suit. Once we were done I got her a timbit as a treat because I felt bad. Mistake. She puked shortly after. in the car. We were still in the parking lot. I cleaned her up, and the car up, as much as possible and drove home. Then she puked again. In the garage. She felt better afterwards and was happy and non-lethargic (as in not a slug, but not super energetic either). To the point where she asked for some juice. Sure, no problem, hydration right? WRONG. Lesson learned: juice is TERRIBLE for a kid with an upset stomach. I felt terrible when she puked AGAIN. This time all over the living room floor. Could've been worse, could've been the carpet I guess. I called 811 (our version on tele-health in the qc), and they gave me some advice (like don't give her any juice), and signs to watch for in case it's a gastro. They also strongly recommended pedialyte. So I bundled up the kids, because even a quick trip to the *insert any kind of store here (but in this case, the pharmacy)* is a process. Went to get the van out of the garage, and ran into my neighbours. They made the mistake of asking how things were going. I told them, and they offered to come in and watch the kids as I ran to the store. AMEN. Only Lola freaked a bit so she came with me. But that is still 50 times better than dragging both kids with the double stroller.

I got the stuff, thanked the neighbours profusely and started hydrating LJV. She hasn't been sick since 3ish. And she's been bathed and in bed since 5. Thomas went down about an hour ago and I snuck in a quick (amazing) bath. I won as Lush gift pack at the party last night. I smell pretty.

But between 12-3 I kept my cool, but could feel a freak out coming on. It hasn't been unleashed yet, but it wasn't far from the surface. Puke, and laundry and snot times 2 ... on my own ... it's not been a fun day.

We're supposed to go to a Santa brunch tomorrow, but it'll all depend on my doodle. Hopefully a good night's sleep will do her some good, and she only had a 24 hour bug.

Thomas' cold won't go away and he has a bit of a loud cough. But he's in good spirits and he's eating and sleeping ok.

I'm healthy so far. And as long as I keep it at bay until at least Saturday, then all sickness can hit me. I'll be in Ottawa and I'll have people to take care of my kids. That's what I'm petrified of right now ... that I get sick, especially while they're both sick. I can't even think of it, it's too discouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment